Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WOD-MOD {wk 4}

WOD {Ringing in the New Year}
On the morning of December 31, a beaufully sunny day here in Seattle, I scooped Meredith from her place and we headed to the Y.  We pulled up to a very empty parking lot. It was closed. ugh! BUT, we did not let this stop us. I was house sitting on Lake Washington, so we headed that way and put together a WOD with a fabulous view of Mt. Rainier.

Since it was NYE, we just had to throw a little 2012 component into our WOD.  Cheesy, yes, but we had to do it.

Warm up:  10 minutes

 part 1 {450 reps, why not?}
3 Rounds for time:
50 push-ups
50 squats
50 sit-ups

Rest

Part 2 {2012-the main event}
12 rounds for time:
12 Burpees*
20 sit-ups

*because we had just done 150 push-ups in part 1, we decided that even rounds we would do the push-ups in the burpees and no push-ups in the odd rounds.

Rest

Part 3 {just for fun}
3x30second handstand hols with shoulder shrugs
followed by
3x30 partner leg toss

MOD {A Delicious Cup of Joe}

We finished our WOD late morning, both of us had lunch plans, so instead of a proper MOD we went for a cup of joe at my favorite coffee shop, Tougo Coffee. I love coffee and so do they.  They work with several roasters from around the US, which is awesome. As a result, I have had the opportunity to try some amazing, single origin coffee.  Right now I have some beans from Ritual Coffee Roasters in my grinder at home - in.love - I am actually drinking some as I type this up. The coffee at Tougo is great phenomenal, the community and atmosphere is wonderful and the baristas are on their game. What I am trying to tell you is that this place is fantastic.  AND to make it even more fantastic,  they keep a jug of coconut milk there for me.  (I think I could take on a second job as a Tougo Coffee spokesperson...)

One of our post WOD Coconut Milk Lattes! 
Isn't it lovely? :-) 
They have really mastered the art of steaming coconut milk!


Have a fabulous rest of the week! 
We are excited for tonight's WOD-MOD. On the menu: Fish Tacos!

Links:
Tougo Coffee Co
Ritual Coffee Roasters

No comments:

Post a Comment