Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

21 Day Sugar Detox {take 2}


A while back I started Balance Bites' 21 Day Sugar Detox...it lasted a week but not much more than that. Even though I eat super clean, I still have those sugar and carb cravings and satisfy them by eating far too much fruit.  Yes, fruit is good for you, but it is still sweet and eating too much can cause higher blood sugar levels than we want, which is no bueno. 

Soooo, my best friend Sarah and I are going to take on the 21DSD together!  I love having a buddy that is game for these things.   We are going to check-in with each other every other day or so.  We will keep you up to date on how we are feeling, etc.

Simply put, on the 21 Day Sugar Detox Sarah and I will be limiting our sugar/carb intake - this will help increase our insulin sensitivity, which is important for maintaining blood sugar levels and as a result we will be eating more nutrient dense foods.

Because we both workout quit a bit, we will add a nutrient dense carbohydrates, like sweet potatoes, on days we workout.  Since you have to buy the guide from 21daysugardetox.com, I wont be able to give you toooo much detail on the exact outline of the detox.

In addition to this little detox, I am going to limit my coffee intake to the weekends.  

Here is to day 1. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment