Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Curried Walnut-Pepita Butter

You know I love nut butter, especially walnut butter.  After getting back from a run last night I was craving some, so I whipped processed some up.  It is suuuuper easy. 


All you need is a food processor, nuts and if you want to "spice" it up you will need some spices of your choice.

Here is what I did: I dumped some walnuts nuts and pepitas in the food processor with 1/2 tablespoon curry powder and a pinch of salt , then flipped the switch. It is pretty hands off - I even did some dishes while it processed - I love multitasking.  Every so often I turned the processor off to scrape the sides and taste it to see if I should add more spice.  I like my nut butters pretty creamy so I let it process for close to 15 minutes. See, I told you it was super simple!  


 To keep myself from eating too much at one sitting, I prepared single serving containers with 2 tablespoons of the curried goodness in each.  

I store my nut butters in the refrigerator. 

This is another fun activity to do with the young ones. They have so much fun making their very own nut butter!

What will your flavor of choice be??

Flavor variations - start with 1/2-1 teaspoon then add more until you reach your desired flavor.
  • use different nuts and nut variations. (Almonds. Cashews/pecans. Walnuts/pecans. Brazil nuts/pecans... there are endless combinations!)
  • chili powder and cumin
  • apple pie spice: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg
  • add a tiny bit of vanilla extract with some cinnamon.
  • finely shaved coconut
  • finely ground coffee (this is so tasty!)
  • citrus zest
  • to make a nutella like spread add chocolate or cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment