Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nut Butter Detox Check-in

I am in the hoooome stretch, tomorrow is my 14th day...thank goodness. I have been 100% strict on this detox. I am very proud of myself. However, this doesn't mean I don't miss my nut butter.  It is just so good.  Thursday I will be making a little nut butter - hurray!

While I am at it, I will check in on my 21-day sugar detox. Ugh- I was doing sooo well until Sunday. I went to my cousin, Alisha's, baby shower which was amazing.  My other cousin Ashley (who is also my hair colorist), cousin in-law Alicia, and aunt put together an incredible party.  As soon as I walked in, Ashley looked at me and said, "Oh my goodness, Leah. I am so sorry." I told them not to worry about me, I would manage.  That being said, my options were: 


 
sugary table #1
or
"sugary" table #2

Which do you think I chose?  While table #1 looked amazing, I did go for for #2.  (On the sugar detox or not, I probably would have chosen #2 regardless.)  Since last Tuesday, when I first started the 21-Day Sugar Detox, I had been limiting my fruit intake to just one green apple a day. Well, obviously I would be throwing that out the window at this baby shower. I don't think I have ever eaten so many grapes and strawberries in one sitting. Luckily my aunt had some almonds I was able to eat as well.  Not that this was really a bad "slip-up," but I didn't let it give me an excuse to stop 21-day detox. So, have no fear I am back sugar detox wagon and eating loads of veggies!

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment