Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am going cold turkey!

Hi, my name is Leah and I am crazy addicted to nut butters. I love them - especially my homemade curried walnut butter (I will post a recipe later) and Trader Joe's Almond Butter w/ Roasted Flaxseeds. I can sit there and eat it like it is going out of style. So, I have decided to go cold turkey. This does not mean I am cutting out nuts, I don't have a problem with those,  it is the creamy goodness of nut butters I just can't resist. It is definitely my vice. Don't ask me how much I eat, I don't even want to know. I really do try to limit myself by putting 1-2 tablespoons on a plate and eating it with frozen berries or some veggies for a snack....but once I finish that I forget about putting it on my plate and just eat it out of the jar- no bueno.  I'm not saying nut butters (walnut and almond) are bad, but it is all about moderation, which I don't have right now.  So, I am going cold turkey to break this bad habit and as a result I will be forced to diversify my fat intake.

And so it begins, day one of my 14-day nut butter detox! :-)  I will get this vice under control. ;-)
What is your vice??

Until we meet again!

*Disclaimer- I may have a few recipes that I will need to use a little nut butter in sauces, etc. I will not count this as a "relapse." 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh those nut-butters all sound yummy! I have a vice that includes them, but nothing that is screaming "detox!" just yet. When I go for several weeks without drinking alcohol, my body craves sweeter things, and HARD. Right now, I CANNOT get enough of Trader Joe's maple syrup shredded wheat cereal--with a spoonful of almond butter mixed in for good, delicious measure!

    Thanks for the post Leah!

    ReplyDelete